View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Apart from having a bit of fun at starrlamia's expense (hopefully they weren't offended), I think they made a very valid point. I was delighted when I first got my reader, but was soon disappointed by the number of errors and formatting problems that I discovered in free e-books. Anything that distracts the reader from the story, spoils the reading experience. Whilst I'm willing to tolerate it in a freebie, it wouldn't be acceptable in anything that I had to pay for. At the very least, I would expect there to be some path for feeding back errors to the author/publisher. I would expect my comments to be welcomed and hopefully acknowledged. Is this what other people here have experienced?
Its ok, I am not overly concerned with random people on the internet not liking my lack of effort in spelling, grammar and punctuation. I donít exactly judge a person's point or opinion based on how well they did in English classes or how often they choose to use a spell checker.
However, if I am buying a book or something that is supposed to be professionally written, unless it is part of the writer's style/story, I do expect to pay for something that has been edited and spell checked and not be so full of errors that itís hard to read.

I am aware there is an edit button (sort of), Iím used to a forum that doesnít have one, and I donít think there is much of a point in editing something that I find mistakes in hours later and in which people have already read and pointed out.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote