Thread: tables or svg?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
If both the creators and readers willingly accept the breaking of the standard, they will not change their ways. If a book will not read as intended on the iPad, but it follows the standard, the creator of the book is not at fault. Apple is.
I Agree, but also because it's ultimately the readers of the epub who decide, and vote with the rating system, then why would Apple care.

Someone buys an epub which looks horrible on the iPad. 9/10 times it's the end users only reading device (for the gen pop, not people here who have multiple devies) so they don't know, they just think it's suppose to look that way, maybe some of them will complain.

And of the ones who do complain, Do you really think the maker of the epub is going to follow them around and try to explain:
"Oh, it's because Apple aren't following the epub specs like their suppose to, blame Apple, waaa"

And the end users will say "If you knew about Apple not following the spec, then why didn't compensate for it and give me a properly formated epub which I can read on iPad?"
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote