View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #19
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, iPad 2, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsi18 View Post

Just wondering if the smaller screen is toooo small, but considering I currently use my iPhone to read books (and have done so for about a year), I don't think it will be a problem. Will play with it a bit more when I next head in to the city (I live ages away from civilised shops that sell ereaders!) Just have to choose a colour - I'm presuming the lighted covers are available for the pocket too?

Oh, and the only other consideration for the pocket vs the touch seems to be the lack of SD card, but as has been pointed out, 2GB is a lot of space, so I think I'll be fine.

Thanks again
I've recently acquired a PRS-650 myself and love it! In my opinion the clean look of the Sony readers definitely scores over the keypad of the Kindle, but that's a subjective thing.

This is my first e-reader so the screen on the 650 seemed just right and I couldn't imagine using a smaller screen comfortably, although since you mentioned you're moving from an I-phone, it should still feel much bigger

And about the 2 GB storage thing, the actual free storage available on your reader when its brand new is something around 1.4GB (at least for the 650). Also, there are posts around here which complain of the reader slowing down considerably if the memory is getting full (or because of badly formatted PDFs which take too much space), so you might want to think about that.

Having said that, I have around a 100 books loaded on my reader (mostly epub with a few big PDFs) and they take up a measly 35-40mb of space. It will take me at least a couple of months to run through those so I really don't think storage should be that much of an issue.

Hope this helps, have fun with your new reader!
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote