Ok, I've been playing with Kindelabra for a bit, and it looks promising. Some suggestions, observations, and questions:
- Two of my collection names appear in the 'Collections' column but don't have the books in that collections listed under 'em. Don't know how you can troubleshoot that but they are valid collections and show up in Kindle Collection Manager as well as on the Kindle itself
- One folder name on the Kindle column has the name 'News' and has a Grisham book under it instead of the folder it is really in, but I don't have any collections or folders named 'News' (verified by examining the folder names directly thru Windows). Again, don't know how you can troubleshoot that one.
- How about making tooltips that float above the icons? The arrows are fairly self-explanatory but not all the icons are.
- Perhaps you could incorporate a very short help file into your proggie; would eliminate a lot of unnecessary posts here later on.
- I assume you have to eject and restart the Kindle after writing the updated JSON. Perhaps a button to write/eject be helpful. I'm not going to make any changes to my file structures just yet until I know the first two issues I pointed out are valid or not.
- Where is the backup file stored on the PC, and is this done automatically? And how would one utilize that to restore a boo-boo (or a wiped or new Kindle)?
teegee, you are certainly on the right track. I think you have the underpinnings of what may be one heck of a great piece of software. Remember, you are the developer and not everyone automatically knows what you had in mind with a given button or icon. You don't have to dumb things down, but do give at least a hint.
I'll be happy to be a beta tester!