View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I just used pdf-scissors on a breadmaking recipe booklet that came with the breadmaker.

It had two recipes on each page, side-by-side. In Scissors you can select each column (page), at the same time - that is select the left column and click on that top row selection tool again and select the right column so both columns are highlighted. Then chose the SAVE icon. It will create a pdf in consecutive order left-right, etc.

Actually, the darn booklet had a 3 column table of contents. So I first selected all three columns left to right. It created a pdf with each page in 3 parts but I only wanted the table of contents. So I used pdf edit to select just those 3 pages from that version and pasted those into the second, two-column pdf and deleted the "bad" toc.

I have not had a chance to view it yet....

Spurred me on - Looks great - I did not use Calibre but just copied the pdf to the k3. Fonts might be considered small but some but much better than the wider pages of the original manual.

Last edited by FF2; 11-18-2010 at 09:56 AM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote