View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
bluerose
bluerose began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Uninstall Calibre on a Mac?

Hi All,

I was having some problems with the latest release of Calibre hanging when I was trying to add books. I also had a lot of duplicates that I tried deleting through Calibre, only to see them still in the Calibre Library using Finder. So I deleted them from the Library (using Finder), only to see them back in Calibre. Frustrating.

SO I tried uninstalling (new to mac, but I dragged the icon in the Applications folder to the Trash). I also copied all my books out of the Calibre Library and put them in a new folder (Books). Then deleted the Calibre Library folder since that was still remaining.

I re-downloaded Calibre and I didn't have the setup wizard appear (which I was expecting). So I ran it myself and all my info was still there (device, kindle email address, alternate email). Another file also appeared when I tried to import a file from my new Books folder....one that I have already deleted from both the previous install of Calibre and the Calibre Library.

So my question, how do I do a complete uninstall? The program still seems to be hanging when I add certain files (The Alchemist, pdf, nothing complicated) so I wanted to do a fresh install. That, and the fact that deleted files keep popping up again......frustrating!

Any ideas :-S

Thanks in advance!
bluerose is offline   Reply With Quote