View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
replacing the standby images

Has anyone successfully replaced the standby images that are randomly displayed when the device goes to sleep? I'm not having any luck--I just get blank space where an image should be. I deleted the default ones that came with the device, and put 8 new pictures in here:

database\media\images

The pictures are named:

Norway001.jpg
Norway002.jpg
etc.

I used PSPad to edit K:\database\standby_pic_mediaPath.xml so that it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <standbyPictures name="mediaPath">
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway001.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway002.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway003.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway004.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway005.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway006.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway007.jpg" />
<picture path="database/media/images/Norway008.jpg" />
</standbyPictures>

I've tried a few different things to get it to work. I've resized the images so they're the same size as the ones the device came with. I've actually shut down the device and turned it back on, thinking it needed to parse through everything. Nada.

Does the device not like filenames with numbers in them? Does the xml want backslashes instead of forward slashes, even though they were already present?

I find it hard to believe something like this isn't more straightforward.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote