View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Pretty much the same experience though I've also some Class 4 which seem to work fine and also some smaller (128MB - 2GB) without class numbers. I use the 128MB for PRS+ installation and pretty much stick with the 8-16GB for books... and couldn't agree more with the Sony Memory stick comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
Class 6 is a very good speed, and the best compromise price/speed in my opinion.

You could go for class 10, but the prices go up considerably, and let's just say that class 6 is more than fast enough to handle recording HD video in a camera, so is perfectly adequate for an ereader.

I've briefly tried a class 2 in my PRS600. To be honest, In comparison with the class 6 I'm using at the moment, I can't really say I noticed any difference at all.

Memory Stick duo is the exact same product, but a different shape: you'll never be able to use it with a non-Sony device and you'd be rewarding them for a bizarre and unnecessary corporate money-grab.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote