View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
@jackie_w I open the metadata plugboard, not sure how to proceed afterwards
@Ayle, You should probably read this part of the Calibre manual and have a look at this Sticky thread for more info.

This is what I did on my PRS505. I don't see anything specific to the newer Sony models which (best case) means it works the same for all Sony's or (worst case) it only works on the PRS505. I don't know which and I'm afraid I can't test it out for you.

Hoping for the former ...

Open the Preferences - Metadata Plugboard

In 'Add new plugboard', in the 'Format' box, select device_db from the menu. In the 'Device' box select PRS505 from the menu.

You then set up 2 Source template/Destination field entries:
  1. Dest field = title
    Source tmplt = {title}{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]*(\s|$),\1)| [|}{series_index:| |]}

This defines what you actually see as the Title on your Sony booklist,
    e.g. The Fellowship of the Ring [LotR 1]

I know the template looks horrendous but it doesn't have to be if you want something simpler. I've done mine this way because the PRS505 doesn't have very many visible characters available for the Title. I've attached an image of a page of my booklist.

2. Dest field = title_sort
    Source tmplt = {series}{series_index:>2s|| - }{title}

This defines what the Sony will use to sort the Titles,
    e.g. Lord of the Rings 1 - The Fellowship of the Ring

You don't actually see this field on the Sony but it's used internally.

Save plugboard and click Apply. The great thing is, if you use this option, next time you connect the Sony, Calibre will update all its Title metadata. You don't need to resend all the books.

Try it out for yourself. If this doesn't work on a PRS650 there are other options - so don't despair.

I've also attached a screencap of my Metadata Plugboard screen.

[Edit: Since writing this post I have acquired a PRS-650. It's book list sorting is somewhat different to a PRS-505.]
Anyone with a PRS-650 (and PRS-350???) reading this should also take a look at this thread where I have detailed observed differences.

[Edit 2: Calibre v7.35 (thanks to chaley) now has a workaround for the Sony x50 models so that all books can be viewed in a single list, in a sensible order. It involves 2 new "special" Collections, All_by_Author and All_by_Title. Post #25 of the above thread shows the details for updating the Preferences - Plugins - Sony Device Interface - Collections box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	booklist.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	61268   Click image for larger version

Name:	metaplug.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	61269  

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-30-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Calibre v7.35 solution to book list sorting on PRS650
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote