View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hello TenaciousBadger

Maybe you can bypass the use of wordpad in your description by doing it all in Open Office, and stop needing Calibre to build your mobipocket file too.

I think Open Office as the same functions concerning styles as Microsoft Office.
If so, check my post from point 2 on (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...68&postcount=2).

Best regards,
i do use Open Office for editing!
i only opened the resulting HTML in WordPad so i could see the tags, values and attributes that i needed in mobipocket creator to have a table of contents.
the reason i'm bending over backwards here is that i want to be able to navigate through my chapters using the 5-way controller that way i don't have to press "next", "next", "next", "next", "next" ad infinitum to get somewhere faster.

so far playful's suggestion's been spot on (granted using the tools that i already have on my computer rather than installing anything else).

also thanks for the tip, DDHarriman!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote