View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
byebyeSony
byebyeSony began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Reasons I got the Kindle and got rid of my Sony Reader

Having owned a PRS-500, upgraded to a PRS-505, and most recently owning a Kindle (I returned the PRS-505), I can say that for me the Kindle experience simply blows away the Sony. I can completely understand if folks who own a Sony opt not to spend another 399 to get a Kindle (though I would suggest selling your sony on eBay), but if you are making a decision between the two, I would strongly recommend the Kindle over the Sony every time.

The breadth of titles available on Amazon, their price, the ease of finding content and purchasing it, the ability to get periodicals/newspapers (I subscribe to Time and the WSJ and love getting it every morning on my Kindle), the ability to lookup word definitions (I didn't think I would use this feature, but I have already used it numerous times), and the ability to highlight and make notes really sets this device apart.

I also cannot stress how nice it is to be able to manage just about everything from the device. Just the other day I was watching an interview on TV with an author whose latest book I found to be very interesting. I had my Kindle handy and simply ordered the book and had it delivered right then and there to the device. Now that was sweet
byebyeSony is offline   Reply With Quote