View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.HaemishM writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Blackberry Curve 8300
Rather than tell you myself about the protagonist, Artemis Bridge, I decided to let the ones who know him best describe him. That's right, I'm letting my characters speak for me. Angela is the first one up. Bridge's on-again, off-again girlfriend and renowned GlobalNet hacker, Angela knows Bridge (or Artie as she calls him) better than anyone. In her words:

"Wait, I have to talk about Bridge without profanity? Unpossible. ****. Sorry. Bridge kind of brings that out of me. I’d stab him in the soul if I thought he had one. No, I mean it. He’s become this soulless, cheeseball manipulator, like a car salesman gene-spliced with a lawyer. All that slick patter, that little routine he goes through. It’s all BS. Don’t get me wrong, you need something? He knows somebody that’s got it or can get it for you. Imagine the dirtiest, scuzziest, most disgusting immoral thing you can think of, somehow that so-and-so knows a guy that specializes in that particular brand of depravity. I think he actually gets off on it. He loves wallowing in the worst aspects of humanity. Not like he used to be. He used to want to build stuff, he could create these worlds that couldn’t exist, these mind-blowing GlobalNet havens, just impossibly beautiful ****. Now he’s the hookup for scumbags and their enablers.

Did you know he once got a guy in touch with this underground serial killer network? Guy comes to him says, ‘I think I want to kill lots of people in gruesome ways but I don’t know how,’ and Bridge sends him to these guys. How do you even get to know where to find these guys? Good thing the Feds found the network. No telling how many people they sliced up before then. They call Artie the Amoral Bridge, but really, I think he’s about as evil as it can get. Why do I still work with him? Well, he does pay."
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote