View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #46
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you saying that the FCC photo was not of a real Kindle? It looks pretty much the same as the released device to me!
No, but there was something about that photo which made it look other than it was. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I was one of those who looked at one of the early leaked photos and said "eesh!". But when they actually showed the real device on Amazon, it was in context and better lighting that made it look better.

The original shot had no context, no real indication how big it was, and the lighting of the shot wasn't very appealing:

http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/amazon_kindle.jpg

When I saw that with the keyboard, I equated "keyboard" with big, which meant a big and bulky device.

But as I said, I'm sure my shots above do worse than better! I'm not a professional photographer; my "expertise" usually ends with photos for e-bay and blogging. But putting it in some sort of context helps, which is why I placed it side-by-side with the Cybook. One of the first shots I saw of the Cybook was it placed on top of looked like a book-club edition soft-cover (book-club editions are usually a little bigger than normally, but not as big as hard-cover), and that helped gain some sort of visual clues about it.

Last edited by azog; 11-29-2007 at 06:27 AM.
azog is offline   Reply With Quote