View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #23
Xanthe
Wizard
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Sony T1, Sony 350, Pandigital, eBM 911, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No of course not hon. My library books however are DRM protected and use ADE they are in EPUB and the older ones in PDF.

I prefer FB2 format it's just a nice clean format I've come to use with the PP but libraries here use DRM.

It would be wonderful if a non painted V5 every came out. I would buy it without question and on the line with v6+ reader if it ever came back and the price drops.

Of course with Color E-ink coming out I may just hold off and keep using my peeling PP and my soon to be here Kindle 3 before buying another.
The Aluratek Libre Pro supports the FB2 format:
Quote:
Supports PDF (Adobe Digital Edition DRM/non-DRM), TXT, FB2, EPUB (Adobe Digital Edition DRM/non-DRM), MOBI (non-DRM only), PRC (non-DRM only)and RTF electronic book format
The Aluratek uses the reflective LCD screen, not the e-ink one, but it is perfectly readable in any light. I have it and an e-ink reader and I don't prefer one screen over the other. I actally find the Aluratek slightly easier on the eyes mainly because the frame has a matte finish while the Sony has an aluminum one, but both screens work very well under daylight, incandescent light, CFL lighting, low light, etc. Neither of them strains the eye like I find backlit LCD screen do.

Newegg currently has the black Aluratek Libre Pro for $119. Borders is showing it for $99. The only problem with the Borders listing is that they show the "preferred formats" as "Adobe's ePub or PDF format" and doesn't mention the other formats. I would check on that if I was going to buy one from Borders to make sure it is the standard Libre that handles the FB2 format and not one that has been modified.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote