View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Isn't a paper book ALSO licensed?

Not the book itself. You own the paper, I guess. But certainly, the intellectual property the book represents is not something you own. The thing about digital versions of any sort of art work is that it is 100% intellectual property with no media to clutter and confuse the ownership of the thing.

I don't have a problem with someone enforcing thier property rights. But if I buy the license to some intellectual property, I want it to be convenient to use.

Then again, if I agree to a certain set of licensing rules by purchasing a license, shouldn't I be expected to abide by those rules?

I don't think it is the simple Black & White issue that some would have us believe.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote