Originally Posted by bob315
I'm new here and a new Kindle owner as well. I have a few questions if you have a moment:
1. Is there OSX software for making MOBI or PRC files?
2. Is the file format just complex or is it unknown? (I have no problem writing my own software if needed).
3. Is anything known about the Amazon conversion process WRT:
3a. Including images with an HTML file and getting it all wrapped up into one AZW?
3b. Getting the converted file to display the author in the Kindle home page? My converted files show my email as author.
1. I thought Book Designer ran on a Mac, but I can't find it so I'm not sure. There are a couple people here now working on converters that are platform independent.
2. I don't know how much is actually known about the format.
3a. I know that images smaller than 600x800 come through just fine. I have not needed to covert anything larger so i can't tell you what the result would be.
3b. I haven't tried this, but it should work. Open the file in a text editor. Search for string that shows up as the author. Replace it with what you want.