Originally Posted by Nate the great
a) There are 3 ways to make an ebook file for the Kindle.
1. Send the source file as an email attachment to @free.kindle.com. You will get back an AZW file.
2. Use the Windows only Mobipocket Creator to make a PRC.
3. Use Book Designer to make a PRC.
The files created by these 3 methods will be practically identical.
I'm new here and a new Kindle owner as well. I have a few questions if you have a moment:
1. Is there OSX software for making MOBI or PRC files?
2. Is the file format just complex or is it unknown? (I have no problem writing my own software if needed).
3. Is anything known about the Amazon conversion process WRT:
3a. Including images with an HTML file and getting it all wrapped up into one AZW?
3b. Getting the converted file to display the author in the Kindle home page? My converted files show my email as author.