View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #80
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you mean, for you, then fine... I expect you know what you are interested in. If you mean in a market demand sense, then well, I've seen people pay a lot of money for some stupid stuff these days.
I don't claim to be representative. I do know what I want to view with a device, and that the content requires better than 12 bit color to render acceptably.

The question is what sort of content the broader market will want to view, and whether this will be acceptable for them.

Quote:
I think the biggest determiner of demand is going to be the price. If these devices are introduced at iPad level prices then I agree, demand will be low at first. But, if they come in at 50% or so, I think there will be interest.
If it doesn't do what you want it to do, it will be a bad deal regardless of how cheap it is. We'll see whether what this does is what enough people want to do. I suspect it will suit a niche market at best.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote