Originally Posted by Tom Storer
I'm looking for an ebook reader as a gift for my wife. She works in publishing and constantly hauls around print-outs of manuscripts. Here's the device I'm looking for:
- must read DOC and PDF (she's not interested in downloading ebooks, surfing the web or playing MP3 files, only in reading the manuscripts she receives)
- must be comfortable to read
- must turn pages rapidly (she needs to read fast)
- must have at least 12 hours power autonomy
- mustn't weigh a ton
- bookmarking and note entry a plus
- price not the major consideration
You who are experts, what device best fits that description?
Thanks in advance,
If you want to read PDF and take notes, then the iLiad is your best bet at the moment. It has the largest screen, highest resolution and does allow note taking. The iLiad is the best eink device currently to display letter sized PDF with no editing.
If your wife can live without note taking, then you could go for the Sony 505 and use pdflrf to clean up the PDF so it is more readable. If she can has the original documents that are used to create the PDF, then if you create them for the 505's screen size, then the PDF wonn't need to be edited and will display just fine.