View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #26
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4 (3G), iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Post Just an update...

Hello, folks.

My apologies for not posting sooner and keeping this thread "flowing".

I have been diligently working on "collectionizing" my Kindle and ebooks based on the schema I put forward in my first post in this thread and have, so far, the following defined genre collections:

Action & Adventure
Auto- & Biography - Memoir
Christian
Comics
Compilation
Cooking & Recipes
Documentary
Education
Fantasy - General
Fantasy - OZ
Fiction - Christian
Fiction - General
Fiction - Historical
Fiction - Military
Fiction - Non
Fiction - Science
Games and Amusements
Gothic
Government
Health & Medical
History - General
History - Military
Horror - General
Horror - Vampires
Horror - Zombies
Humor
Literature & Languages
Mature
Military
Miscellaneous
Mystery & Crime
Poetry
Reference
Romance
Thriller & Suspense
Young Adult & Children

I know there are going to be more genres defined as I continue to catalog and index my ebook collection.

I have created the above folder structure in the \Kindle\Documents folder and then use the Kindle Collection Manager for Windows to put the ebook into the appropriate collection.

As I've been doing thsi, I've started to wonder if I should make a fundamental change in the way I store ebooks on the Kindle.

Regardless of how the ebooks are stored on the Kindle, I will continue to keep my archive ebook collection categorized by genre folders as well as continue to name my files as I stated in the first post of this thread:

[TITLE] - [AUTHOR] [(GENRE)].EXTENTION

For example: 1632 - Eric Flint (Science Fiction).mobi

I'm starting to wonder if it is really necessary to segregate the ebooks into their own genre folder on the Kindle itself. It seems to me (now...) that as long as I follow the file naming convension above and always include the genre, I could simply put my ebooks "naked" in the Kindle\Documents\ folder and not put them in their own genre folders. Then, using the Kindle Collections Manager for Windows, it would be an easy (relatively...) task of moving a given genre ebook into the appropriate genre collection.

Your thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Have a great day!

Regards,

Vandy
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote