View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #71
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos
 
playful's Avatar
 
Posts: 79
Karma: 21380
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Right Here
Device: Kindle DXG
Yes... Playing devil's advocate, suppose someone asked you:

"I'm thinking of installing software on my wireless device. The application will have access to the books I bought, to my private PDF documents and to the passwords saved in the browser. It's developed by a team of hackers in China. Do you think it's a good idea?"

It might be totally safe.

Or it might be something that you read in the newspaper someday: "Thousands of ebooks and user accounts stolen through Kindle hack." Then people comment on it and say "They gave access to their device to a team of Chinese hackers... What were they thinking?"

My feeling is that there's a 90% chance that it's safe and respectful of privacy. But I don't know if I want to take chances with the other 10%... LOL...
playful is offline   Reply With Quote