1. No ability to buy paper goods from Amazon through Kindle.
2. Usability sucks. They didn’t think about how people would hold this device.
3. UI sucks. Menus? Did they hire some out-of-work Microsoft employees?
4. No ability to send electronic goods to anyone else. I know Mike Arrington has one. I wanted to send him a gift through this of Alan Greenspan’s new book. I couldn’t. That’s lame.
5. No social network. Why don’t I have a list of all my friends who also have Kindles and let them see what I’m reading?
6. No touch screen. The iPhone has taught everyone that I’ve shown this to that screens are meant to be touched. Yet we’re stuck with a silly navigation system because the screen isn’t touchable.
1) Why do we need to? You can already do that on the web and can't take delivery of hard goods except at a real physical address anyway.
2) That may be true according to other reviews - I will let you know, mine due in a few hours.
3) I will let you know, mine due in a few hours.
4) They could easily add this but it is not that important, really
5) Huuh? That is totally stupid. It is a friggin READER!
6) Would be spendier and likely use more battery power.
I just think these folks do not understand that this is a reader and expect it to be a PC or a PDA or a phone or a music player or all of the above. Maybe someday we will see such an all-in-one device but my experience is that all-in-one devices do everything and do them all badly.
Summary: Dear Robert: IT'S A READER, STUPID!