View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Kindle software updates in the works?

To slowly torture myself, I waded through most of the Amazon reviews of the Kindle. Most were negative posts by people who were afraid that paper would go away or the regular anti-DRM stuff we are all aware of.

But I did read a post from a reviewer who mentioned that her son was on the Kindle development team. She said that they have several new, exciting software upgrades in the works and we would all be blown away by what they have in mind.

Not sure what her son thinks of his mom saying that since it may make people hold off buying one until new software updates are finished, but I thought it was interesting.

After using it for a week, my number one gripe is the page numbering system. All of the other stuff I can live with, but I can't figure out their current page number system at all.

So my questions is: Do you think that is an easy fix on their part and can be done in a software upgrade? Would they even worry about something like that?

Last edited by tsgreer; 11-26-2007 at 11:51 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote