Robert Scoble posted a 1 week review of the Kindle yesterday. Which is rather odd, since he couldn't have had it before Tuesday.
1. No ability to buy paper goods from Amazon through Kindle.
2. Usability sucks. They didnít think about how people would hold this device.
3. UI sucks. Menus? Did they hire some out-of-work Microsoft employees?
4. No ability to send electronic goods to anyone else. I know Mike Arrington has one. I wanted to send him a gift through this of Alan Greenspanís new book. I couldnít. Thatís lame.
5. No social network. Why donít I have a list of all my friends who also have Kindles and let them see what Iím reading?
6. No touch screen. The iPhone has taught everyone that Iíve shown this to that screens are meant to be touched. Yet weíre stuck with a silly navigation system because the screen isnít touchable.
The only one I think is a good suggestion is #4. Other than that, I think he's an idiot. He really doesn't understand the device or its intended market.