Thread: Removing DRM
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy01 View Post
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I had no luck with the search function.

I'm a Nook owner and wanted to read an ebook that B&N doesn't offer, but Amazon does. So I created a Kindle account, purchased the ebook and downloaded the file. I thought that I could pop it into Calibre and convert it to epub, but then I learned about DRMs.

I've found the python scripts that are out there for removing DRMs, but since I don't have a Kindle, I don't have a serial # and can't generate a PID.

I tried running the 'dedrm.py' script and using the 10 character file name, but I got an invalid PID checksum error.

Has anybody found a way to crack the DRM on this without having a Kindle? I do have an Amazon account and did purchase this book from them. I can read it on my Kindle for PC reader, but would really like to get it into epub.

Cheers,

Roger

There are actually tools plugins for Calibre that will let you do this, after you have downloaded it via Kindle for PC.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote