View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
A larger screen would basically solve the problem because you wouldnt need to 'zoom in' to the text or make the font larger. But it would need to be at least 9" or larger maybe.

So basically, until I find a reader with a larger screen (both width and height), and which is still lightweight, and can handle image over text pdfs gracefully, i have to convert all my ebooks into two formats, an epub one (ocr text only) for the sony reader, and an image-over-text one for archiving the book or article.

Kindle DX is out, for me. Too slow and clunky interface and no gaurantee that it can handle image over text anyway.

Nookcolor? maybe, I dont know about android support for image over text pdfs. Is it graceful? does anyone know?

Regular tablet-netbook? Like the asus T91 line? Cheap too, and only 2.1 lbs, and is worth considering to use as a dedicated reader. It would certainly handle pdfs normally since it would run win7. Can you really cuddle up with it tho?

I hope of course that sony either fixes the issue of reading layered pdfs, and/or comes out with a nice large screen for reading technical and academic pdfs.
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote