Thread: Guidance needed
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OPUS/PB360,Nexus 7,GzONE, Kobo Mini
Red face Welcome to Mobile Read

I am relatively new hear as well. you should look around in the Forums There are several e-readers that fit most of your qualifications. The newly released Kindle is the talk of the forums now. But, there is also the Cybook, the Hanlin,
the iRex iliad and a few more. All seem to have their pluses and minuses.

I for one am still with my pocket pc, waiting for a mini eink reader to come to the market.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Storer View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for an ebook reader as a gift for my wife. She works in publishing and constantly hauls around print-outs of manuscripts. Here's the device I'm looking for:

- must read DOC and PDF (she's not interested in downloading ebooks, surfing the web or playing MP3 files, only in reading the manuscripts she receives)
- must be comfortable to read
- must turn pages rapidly (she needs to read fast)
- must have at least 12 hours power autonomy
- mustn't weigh a ton
- bookmarking and note entry a plus
- price not the major consideration

You who are experts, what device best fits that description?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Storer
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote