View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
epub support, margins, large fonts and easy page turns

I'm looking for an e-ink reader fitting the following criteria:

1. ePub support. I currently have a Sony 505, which supports ePub, but I thoroughly dislike the way it displays ePub files, especially when the font size is increased. I don't think I'll be buying another Sony device.

2. User-defined margins. The wasted margin space on the Sony, especially when font size is increased, also bothers me. I don't like carrying around a device with a 6" screen when there's a 1" border around the text. I usually end up reformatting every book I download, which is time-consuming.

3. Large fonts. My eyesight stinks and need at least 14 pt font to be able to read more than a few pages at a time, but I prefer 16 pt or 18 pt if possible. I do most of my "reading" via audiobooks from NLS, but being able to read books for myself is important to me.

4. Easy page turns. The page turn buttons on my current device hurt my hands after a while. Something that requires less pressure and is more ergonomically designed would be wonderful. At the moment my Sony is on loan to a friend and I'm doing most of my reading on my iPod and iPad. I've grown very fond of the finger-swipe/tap page turns on a touch screen, but I'm not dead-set against physical buttons as long as they are comfortable to use.

I don't care about wifi or DRM support.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote