View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad Air 2, Fire HD6
As referenced above, you can sideload with a free app called 'iPhone Explorer' if you have a Mac.

I tried the email attachment thing, but it didn't work (file type is not associated with any application). ePub and PDF attachments can be directed to one of several ePub/PDF reading apps I have on my iPod (ironically, not iBooks). I think the filetype needs to be registered by the app somehow to allow that, and K4iPhone apparently does not do this. In the past I've suggested that Amazon provide a '@kindle.com' email address for Kindle apps so that attachments could be put into their delivery queues (just like you can with a Kindle device), but it would probably be much easier for them to just register the filetype with iOS so that Kindle format email attachments could be delivered via a regular mail address and put into the appropriate K4iOS documents folder just as other email file attachments can be directed at one or another viewing app. I'll send this suggestion to kindle-feedback@amazon.com. They always do everything I ask them to. Well, not really...

Actually the @kindle.com idea would still be useful, since that would be able to covert to Kindle format. As would support for iTunes side-loading via its File Sharing feature (without need for iPhone Explorer)

Note that calibre can send things to iBooks via iTunes, but not yet to other reading apps that you might have installed on there. Most likely the ability to side-load via iTunes to other apps that support this is on the calibre feature wish list somewhere....

Last edited by tomsem; 11-05-2010 at 05:30 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote