View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Nexus 5, iPad 2, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I would like to see an open source alternative to mobigen.exe, but the original may be "good enough". It takes an OEB document (html with a OPF file), or plain HTML, and produces a MOBI file. So the way to produce MobiPocket books is the same as for several of the older e-book formats - start with an actual OEB document and then convert it to the required bastardized commercial OEB variant.
I took your Alice example from the other thread and strangely enough reading in the HTML file annd writing a mobi file using the Perl packages gave me a file were the TOC worked in FBReader. I wonder how it could work. The TOC did not work on my Gen3 but I could read the file.

This was kind of fun so I will play around with it and see what you can easily do.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote