View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #45
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
If content truly does not matter, then one cannot correlate 'flat' brainwaves to becoming more stupid. There are plenty of educational shows out there where the viewer is certainly learning something.
There's more to it than that. I'm going on memory, but the stuff I read said that flatlining damages key parts of your brain after prolonged exposure.

I suggest you research if interested. I don't see the point of debating it further. I'm not a scientist and probably would mangle the info, and I don't see a need to convert others to ditching TV. I brought it up because I think it's interesting and compelling, but to each his own entertainment and learning.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote