View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Real World CyBook Battery Life

Just thought I'd share my experience so far and see what others are experiencing.

I made it 15 days until I had to charge it tonight.

I had set the auto power off for 1 hour because I didn't find the default 5 minute practical. There must be a formula for how much power it takes to run through the 30 second boot process vs just leaving a static page for x amount of time. I hope it's longer then 5 min. I powered it off when I knew I wasn't going to read for longer then 1 hour.

I'm not a heavy reader compared to others on this forum. I typically average 50 paperback pages a day and when I checked the books I read during this time it was roughly 800 paper page equivalent. Assuming two ebook pages per paper page that's about 1,600 page turns. I typically read in three separate sessions in a day and powered the unit off in between.

I had the SD card installed the whole time and I did more font changes, font size changes, dictionary and thesaurus lookups then I typically would because of demos for people and stuff so that probably chewed more battery.

This is longer then I need because if I'm gone for a week I have to take my iPod charger anyway. In the future I'll probably just leave it powered on and charge it every 4 days but I was curious how long it would last.

Last edited by Barcey; 11-25-2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Cheap drugs ;-)
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote