View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Augh! I'd love that feature . I remember a number of us requesting that feature for 1.5 (unrooted) on the B&N forum. No way it made the cut (at least for sideloaded docs) - it's far too logical .

Shouldn't be impossible for the rooted firmware though, considering the near miracles the nookdevs team has already wrought with it . I do hope some wizard takes this on. It would be the tipping point for me to finally break down and root already .

Heck, a brute-force way (that I'd probably resort to in my own inimitable and unenviable script-kiddie fashion if I knew enough about the Android OS, which I don't ) would be to have a special, system-controlled screensaver folder with the cover file for the currently opened book overwriting the previous file every time a book is opened. The user would have to select this special screensaver (say, named "bookcover") for this to happen. If no cover is found for the current book, the s'saver defaults to the last used s'saver. Of course, there's probably a million more elegant ways to do it. A thousand virtual cookies to the dev who does this
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote