View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #22
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623
I'm a casual chess player, and I find chess books generally pretty hard going. However, David Spanier's book "Total Chess" was a real treat to read for me. It's not a book on how to play chess, but rather about various aspects of the culture of the game. Chapters include: Motivation, The Soviet Mind, Jews, Politics, Women, Computers, Madness, Vision, Mistakes, and Sting in the Tail. It is thought-provoking and entertaining. I don't think it's available as an ebook, and I'm not sure if it's even still in print, but if you're interested in the world of chess and see a copy of it somewhere, grab it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote