View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #42
shall1028
Zealot
shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.shall1028 puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
I actually bought a eReader to just read books.
One of my main reasons, too, for purchasing an e-book reader was to read e-books.

That the Kobo could view PDFs was a bonus although I reasoned ahead of time that unless the PDF file was specifically created for the size of screen on the reader and was merely a scaled down version of a print PDF I would find the experience less than satisfying.

I don't recall seeing anything about viewing newspapers in the literature I reviewed. Even had I consciously perceived it I would have thought it a bonus and not a "deal breaker".

My other main reason for purchasing the original Kobo was that it was the first "serious" reader to break the $150 mark that I had established as being the point at which the common man would spend for an e-book reader.

WiFi? Battery suck. With 1 gig on board and a 2 gig SD card available when would I ever run out of books to read such that I need to purchase one out in the field? OK, WiFi can also be used to sync up so that I can read on another device but I don't own a pseudo-smart phone (how much per month for a data plan?!) nor an iPad (although that may change soon).

Last edited by shall1028; 10-30-2010 at 03:08 PM.
shall1028 is offline   Reply With Quote