Trick or treat! Trick or treat!
Oh my – just look at all of you – little ghouls and guys - wearing your cutely frightening avatars! We can’t recognize any of you! You’re all lined up on the MobileRead front porch with your bags open for treats!
Well, have we got a treat for you! Lots of treats!
MobileRead is celebrating Halloween by launching our fall contest!
The following prizes are up for grabs:
Your choice of one (1) e-book reader from the following list:
- Amazon Kindle 3G
- B&N Nook Classic
- B&N Nook Color
- Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS 650)
- Sony Reader Pocket Edition (PRS 350)
[If you live a country in which none of above devices is officially available, you will receive an e-book voucher for US $180.]
One (1) PocketBook Pro 902 device
Win this brand-new e-book device from PocketBook, featuring a 9.7-inch E Ink display, plenty of internal memory (2 GB), and connectivity (WiFi and Bluetooth).
Two (2) Bookeen Opus devices
Win this ultra-lightweight e-book device from Bookeen, featuring a 5-inch E Ink and plenty of memory (1 GB) to store hundreds of e-books. Comes in many different colors.
Ten e-book vouchers with a value of US $30 each (e-book store of your choice)
Could you be one of the winners? Of course! Just keep reading...
How it works
You will have the chance to solve a new murder mystery
that inexplicably takes place inside the secluded MobileRead headquarters. Take a bit of an Agatha Christie cozy and combine it with a classic “locked room” mystery, stir in plenty of noir, a dash of refined English literature, cameo appearances by the famous and infamous, and then a heaping spoonful of absolute zaniness. All in a vibrant full-immersion 3-D experience that must be lived to be believed!
Follow along with MobileRead’s own Zelda_pinwheel, a Nancy Drew wannabe detective, as she digs up the clues (and the bodies!). Two chapters will be posted daily. If you vigilantly follow the story to the end, you’ll be able to identify the murderer. Get the murderer's name and mail it to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
by midnight, November 14. Make sure to also tell us your username!
If you need help solving the story, visit this thread
Down to the details:
- You may enter only once.
- The contest begins on October 31st 2010, and ends on November 14th 2010, at 11:59 PM EST.
- Deadline to send us the solution (name of the murderer) is November 14th 2010, at 11:59 PM EST.
- You must send the solution including your username to email@example.com. Submissions to other mail addresses, and/or submissions by private message or visitor message can not be considered.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or do not have an email account, send your entry in a PM to ravenne.
- Amongst the eligible entries four winners will be randomly drawn for the grand prizes (e-book reader devices) and 10 winners will be randomly drawn for a US $30 e-book voucher each.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via private message. Winners must respond within four days after being notified. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
Good luck everyone!
A *huge thank you* to the great folks at PocketBook
for providing the additional contest prizes. Happy Halloween to you, guys!
(As always, we're grateful if you link to us or tweet about this contest!!)
(*) For those members living in countries that do not celebrate Halloween, please insert the holiday of your choice into this announcement.)
MobileRead team members are not eligible to participate