View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I've always bought far too many books and still do, even with e-books. I'm afraid that hasn't changed. Always read a lot.
But I think I have to watch my books-budget more carefully, as with the system of ' one-click' , no actual money seems to change hands.

As for diversity: Mobile Read and Feedbooks guides of free public domain books have a lot of classics that I didn't know yet. And I also have rediscovered a lot of the classics I knew; the ones I read at 17 years of age have another meaning to me, now when I'm a bit older.
If I were sensible (which I'm not), I would stick to these books, because where else can one get free classic books?
This seems to be my pattern, also. I have always been an avid reader - my one true addiction, I guess (oh, that and beer ) so I can't say that the Kindle has influenced me to read more than before. I have hundreds of paperbacks/hardbacks that I haven't yet read, and now I am collecting books on my Kindle.

The Kindle makes collecting even easier because most, though not all, of the books I've been getting are free. (I don't even want to think of all the money I have spent on paper books during my life. ) Like desertblues, I find myself revisiting classics I read long ago, or picking up those that I never got around to because they're free and "should" be read.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote