View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
desertblues
enjoying the holidays
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
What would be really interesting is to know if you buy more books now than you did back when books were only available in paper? In other words, has owning an e-reader meant that you are reading more than before?

It has for me. Because it's so much easier now to obtain books, I'm more diversified in what I read. I've discovered many authors I didn't know before, and have generally improved the range of my reading.
I've always bought far too many books and still do, even with e-books. I'm afraid that hasn't changed. Always read a lot.
But I think I have to watch my books-budget more carefully, as with the system of ' one-click' , no actual money seems to change hands.

As for diversity: Mobile Read and Feedbooks guides of free public domain books have a lot of classics that I didn't know yet. And I also have rediscovered a lot of the classics I knew; the ones I read at 17 years of age have another meaning to me, now when I'm a bit older.
If I were sensible (which I'm not), I would stick to these books, because where else can one get free classic books?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote