View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
That is a beautiful thing for B&N to attempt. And great that Macmillan is suing ONLY B&N so if B&N wins then Amazon can implement the same policy.

One thing I would say in defense of the authors, printed books have one built in limitation which does not exist for ebooks....they wear out. So, I do see the publishers having a reasonable argument here. I do see the point of some sort of limitation on lending as even the only to one user at a time policy does not take into account a book being lent 100's of times, a thing, I would add, greatly increased the likelihood of lending ebooks because there is zero chance it would not be "retuned".
Bah! Rubbish! New technology, new sharing policies! It's like the music reproducibility thing (when the gramaphone started)... multiple copies = horror!. I think that if this works for B&N it would be "revolutionary!" (dons his turtle neck shirt) =P. Sharing and lending ... illegal and unethical? They should start suing libraries then. They even go the extra mile to guarantee that no two persons can read the book at the same time. I label that as extra-nice fair.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote