View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #49
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
True but people who want to be able to read comfortably for a long period of time are more likely to prefer the e-ink readers to a LCD reader.

Then again, maybe they are counting on folks wandering into the store who have no knowledge of e-readers, tablets, and netbooks and deciding on the Nook 2.

Did they say they were still going to sell the Nook?

I agree, I think anyone who is an avid reader will most likely pass on this. But again they aren't shelving their eink nook either. So it's a choice.

This will shine for people who like to read alot magazines, newspapers and an occasional book.

It does have great potential for parents of young children. Kids respond to color, eink won't cut it. It really wont.

this has great potential for a niche product.

I'm considering it for papers and magazines and if the web browser is solid, then I'm sold.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote