View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #50
karenr_nz
Connoisseur
karenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-bookskarenr_nz has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
I also received the email over the weekend (as with some others, this is several days after the ban came into force). I just have to shake my head in disgust these days - it's just so frustrating. What is even more irritating is that half the time, you can't even purchase the ebook direct from the publisher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
On a positive note, I contacted Kobobooks regarding geographic restrictions in New Zealand and had a personal response from their head of purchasing really empathising with me and advising that they have just reached agreement to stock Hachette in Australia and will be looking to do the same for New Zealand. So there is hope for us in the longer term.
Thanks for letting us know about this Pippa. Just a point you might want to consider - kobobooks is basically the same as Borders Australia and Whitcoulls in NZ, so you will find that basically the same selection is available in all three stores (and all three have the worlds worst search engine!)
karenr_nz is offline   Reply With Quote