Thread: PRS-950 Writing your own Review
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #16
Mr. Goodbar
Guru
Mr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisha View Post
I suspect the real problem is two-fold. I am going to write Sony within the next 24 hours to find out if they can confirm or deny my suspicions. My hunch, and I stand my by original assessment that the Reader's WIFI component is feeble, is that,

a. the Reader fails to connect where a separate web based login is required, and

b. where a certificate must be downloaded to the device after a web based login.

If my theory is confirmed to be true, this essentially cripples the device's connectivity at a mind-numbingly vast array of wifi hotspots throughout the world.
That's very possible. I have not yet been able to try it with that type of access. I'm not sure whether the Kindle handles that or not. I'd be curious as a compare point, but you may very well be right on the issue.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote