Thread: PRS-950 Writing your own Review
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #16
Mr. Goodbar
Guru
Mr. Goodbar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mr. Goodbar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mr. Goodbar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mr. Goodbar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mr. Goodbar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 950, Kindle Graphite DX, iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abisha View Post
I suspect the real problem is two-fold. I am going to write Sony within the next 24 hours to find out if they can confirm or deny my suspicions. My hunch, and I stand my by original assessment that the Reader's WIFI component is feeble, is that,

a. the Reader fails to connect where a separate web based login is required, and

b. where a certificate must be downloaded to the device after a web based login.

If my theory is confirmed to be true, this essentially cripples the device's connectivity at a mind-numbingly vast array of wifi hotspots throughout the world.
That's very possible. I have not yet been able to try it with that type of access. I'm not sure whether the Kindle handles that or not. I'd be curious as a compare point, but you may very well be right on the issue.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote