View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #26
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
As much as some people malign touch screens (because of fingerprints), I think a touch screen is essential in a mobile device, and would be an asset for a Kindle device (they can keep basic navigation buttons for the 90% of stuff that you don't need a full keyboard for: page turns, menu, 5way etc.). Then they'd be able to make it smaller, or have a bigger screen in the same form factor.

Besides, it is just a matter of time before a simple surgical procedure (or genetic modification) can remove the oil ducts in one of your fingertips (and maybe adding a little dimple for better precision) to make this problem go away entirely.

Personally the fingerprint issue doesn't bother me at all with my iPod Touch until I turn off the screen.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote