View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:14 AM   #13
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I've had a Sony machine for ages (a superb wee 505), but I dumped the Sony Library early on and have used Calibre exclusively.

Another grouse I have with Sony this week, though, is that we just signed a contract with Sony to carry our own indie publishing house's full catalogue -- usually about 130 current titles -- and they claim an outrageous 60% sales commission, even though we upload our own files. That level of commission is penal even in brick-and-mortar stores that carry treebook stock.

And folks wonder why most of the bigger houses insist on an Agency 5 model to maintain a realistic cover price. Those publishers like us who prefer to opt out of Agency 5 to set low prices on ebooks are hammered.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote