View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #28
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
Ok as an update - I went through the process again doing a re-format as well and it all worked fine

Now that Irex are starting to close their web site down we really need to get a system image that is version 2.12 - I would imagine that you wont be able to update to that version online any more. Its quite an important update because it has the DRM mobipocket reader on it.

Anyone know if there is a version 2.12 file system image out there somewhere?
I wonder if the 2.12 firmware image could somehow "replace" (as in write to eprom) the native boot rom version 2.10? Also, why not include "developer/shell access" to all at the same time and avoid needing to download anything afterward. This way the latest firmware version (2.12 or 2.12.1) would then be the default boot rom version.

Using their IDS, I think this should be done by iRex prior to shutting done, so that everyone has the ability to reflash or reformat when they're gone....

I went through something similar before. When GEMSTAR, the maker of my hardware ebook reader, the REB1200, went bankrupt and shut down their content servers, they gave us a HUGE parting gift; they opened up the closed content server to be able to upload personal content!

So if iRex decides to shut down FOREVER, what else do you think should be done to enable the iLiad to properly function afterward?

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-23-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote