View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Early technical info on the Kindle

The Kindle shows up by name in my Mobipocket Desktop. (I don't know which version it is; it's at least 6 months old.) It shows up both as a reading device (with a PID) and as two drives (SD card and internal memory). I bought a DRMed PRC from Fictionwise. The Kindle recognized the file, and refused to read it. I tried with PRC and AZW suffix. Neither worked.

The Baen PRC work with and without being renamed to AZW.

The nonDRM PRC I have from Fictionwise also worked with the exception of the table of contents. I think this is because of how they generated the file.

My DOC came through just fine with pictures.

P.S. By the way, I claim first post on the Kindle!

I have not downloaded anything directly. I can't get a good signal.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote