View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Your Amazon account is not deactivated. I think you are referring to your Kindle being "deregistered." Again, the answer is no. You will need to de-register your Kindle by going to your account and and do so under "manage my kindle."
Ah, good to know, thanks.

Quote:
They are probably just going to nuke it and send it out again.
Nuke it?

Quote:
If you are on mac/linux you can use dd to create a file of junk on the kindle until it is full, that oughtta do it. In windows... I don't know, just keep replicating some file there. I don't know anything about nand flash, but I assume that after 1 write over it, the data is gone forever.
Yes, I have a Mac, but what is 'DD'?
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote