View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
kindle-dxg-owner
kindle-dxg-owner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Comic conversion problem (CBZ to PDF) on Kindle DX Graphite

Hi, I own a Kindle DX Graphite and used the output profile for the Kindle DX in Calibre (input profile is 'default', don't know the reason for an input profile anyway... )

Well, if I choose that profile and load the file on my reader and set the display to actual size (so there is no zooming involved) I get the following result:

If I set it to display to 'fit size', it zooms in (naturally), but the algorithms don't seem to be the best on this device - text distortion

I've tried the output profile for the IRex Digital 1000 and it provided better results - the image is actually a little bit bigger than the Kindle DX G area is, but the device does a better job shrinking images than zooming them in. Text is a little bit better with this, but still not as optimal as I'm used to when using my Sony PRS 505 and the appropriate profile - still too much strain reading the text bubbles because of letter distiortions.

Maybe the DX profile isn't really suited for the DX G (although display resolution should be exactly the same)?

And by the way, image quality seems better if I use mobi, but because of the large margins I don't want to...

Last edited by kindle-dxg-owner; 10-19-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: mistyping corrected
kindle-dxg-owner is offline   Reply With Quote