Thread: Classic Nook 1.5 Update Confirmed
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #39
Ryan_Phx
Enthusiast
Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2, Nook, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I will in no case look to softroot the device unless it becomes absolutely necessary for me to do so. We're talking not-being-able-to-access-all-my-non-B&N-content necessary. That is, I think, why so many people are so vocal about wanting organization ability - either they lack the desire or skill to softroot.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Even if one didn't know about softrooting, asking for better organization is an obvious request. If this update does not provide that, I will softroot mine. The reason I haven't done it yet is because I would prefer to have that as a supported function, and I was willing to give B&N the chance to do it. If they fail to provide such a necessary, obvious, and oft-requested feature, then I have no problem at all with softrooting it. As to your point about skill, I would say that most people who know about softrooting learned about it from boards like this one, and either have the skill, or they're on boards with people very willing to help them do it.
Ryan_Phx is offline   Reply With Quote