Calibre2OPDS Catalog --> Dropbox Upload Time
My question is: Is it supposed to take a long time to upload a new Calibre2OPDS catalog to Dropbox? I wanted to see how well everything still worked if I made a new catalog, so I made one. Now, it's taking "forever" to sync to Dropbox.
1. I put my Calibre library in (on?) my Dropbox account. No problems accessing it or in using Calibre to look at my books.
2. I created a catalog using Calibre2OPDS and it seems that it works fine. I can get to both the html catalog and the xml catalog (for Stanza on my iPad). The library has 1360 books and that is what is reflected in the catalog(s). I can download books (epubs - if that matters) to Stanza or to any compatible reader via the web catalog.
3. So, I wanted to test to see what happens when a) I add books to Calibre and b) then create a new catalog to reflect/show those new books.
4. I added 3 epubs to my Calibre library. Then, I ran a new catalog by running Calibre2OPDS. Didn't take very long to create the catalog and then I told it to sync.
5. This was about 45 minutes ago and Dropbox is still telling me that it is uploading 1300+ files... Calibre is closed (no system tray running) and I've not accessed the Dropbox.
I would have thought it would be a simple matter of syncing the new catalog to Dropbox. Or - am I confused in what is happening? All my books will have to re-sync anytime I make a new catalog?
I can live with that ... if that is what happens. Just seems odd that a "simple" catalog change will create an entire re-sync.
Your thoughts? Am I mucking it up or is it working as expected?
Thanks in advance for any sage/wise advice.